chris_brand

Postby chris_brand » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:52 pm

This morning when I unlocked my computer I was surprised at the small number of new items showing in the Control Center.

Sure enough, a few hours later when I changed the filter from "unread items" to "all", a whole pile of items appeared that weren't there before but that should have been.

I'm using Personal Edition 2.2, and it's been running for some time (1:08:06 CPU time).

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:02 am

chris_brand wrote:when I changed the filter from "unread items" to "all", a whole pile of items appeared that weren't there before but that should have been.

Is this happening often or was it just a one-off thing?

chris_brand

Postby chris_brand » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:33 pm

I've only seen it once so far.

chris_brand

Postby chris_brand » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:53 pm

I'm wondering whether it's related to having it sit there doing nothing over the weekend. I guess I'll maybe find out in a few days time :-)

chris_brand

Postby chris_brand » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:55 am

It wasn't just a one-off and it doesn't seem to be related to sitting there doign nothing.

When I switch the filter from "Unread Items" to "All", it then seems to go through and notice that "oh yes, there are actually 2 new items on that feed".

Might it be related to having an error on a feed ? There's one feed in my list that has 3 "XML parse failed" errors in its log and I've seen the problem 2 or 3 times now...

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:29 am

How are you telling that there are two new items in the channel? Do they appear with the yellow icons in the item pane/browser page?

chris_brand

Postby chris_brand » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:22 am

Yes, it goes bold with the yellow sun icon next to it.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:25 am

chris_brand wrote:Yes, it goes bold with the yellow sun icon next to it.

No, I was asking about in the channel's window i.e. the bit where it lists all the current stories for the channel. New items will be flagged with a small yellow "piece of paper" icon.

chris_brand

Postby chris_brand » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:09 pm

I've always seen t he "Control Center" pane and the channel's pane in sync, but then I've only ever opened a channel that was showing as having new items in the "Control Center" pane.

When this happens again, and I change the filter to "All", shoudl I then go to a feed that I expect to have new items and look for those yellow icons ?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:42 am

chris_brand wrote:When this happens again, and I change the filter to "All", shoudl I then go to a feed that I expect to have new items and look for those yellow icons ?

An item is flagged as new if it has been received since the last time you looked at that channel. This means that if a channel receives new items, it will initially be flagged as having new items and when you open the channel, those new items will be flagged with the yellow icon. If you close the window and then re-open it, those items are no longer considered to be new and hence won't get the special icon.

bollax

Postby bollax » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:26 pm

Why are new items not showing as new items and the channel never shows a "Star" next to it to show there are new items, yet when viewing the channel, there are new items? but not shown as new items!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:54 am

bollax wrote:Why are new items not showing as new items and the channel never shows a "Star" next to it to show there are new items, yet when viewing the channel, there are new items? but not shown as new items!

Does this happen every time for every channel? Do you have the channel open at the time (but maybe in a background tab) when the new items are received?

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”