View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Post notifications and animations do not happen
I have ticked the box which animates my taskbar icon and the same for giving me the headline bubble update, however no matter which feed I use neither happens. has anyone any ideas, the options are correct, just the resultant actions are not happening!

Jeremy

Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:12 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: notifications and animations do not happen
What version of Awasu are you running (check the About box)?

There was a bug in older versions that matched this description. Also, sounds and animations will only kick in when *new* feed items are received.

Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:57 pm
Profile WWW

the notifications should come when new items are loaded on the feed websites but when I refresh / update the sites new items have been added though no notifications have been received

Jeremy

Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:57 pm
Site Admin

Balloons are not shown when channels have been updated manually, only for automatic updates. This is because if you update a channel manually, you will be presumably be looking at the channel very shortly and so there is no need to show balloons for any new items. They are intended more as a background notification kind of thing.

Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:33 am
Profile WWW

That I understand but when I manually updated the feeds there were new items that should have generated bubbles but didn't

Jeremy

Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:05 am
Site Admin

It sounds like Awasu is working as designed :-) If you update a channel manually, there will be no balloons for new items. The reason is that since you explicitly updated the channel yourself, you don't really need a background notification that new stuff has arrived.

Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:42 am
Profile WWW

Not quite :roll: I receive no balloons, check the feeds, udate them manually and find new items have been added which should have generated notification balloons but didn't
I presume the animated logo (just started animating) means new items that have been notified but not read?

Jeremy

Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:54 am
Site Admin

When you check the channel *before* updating it manually, are the new items there? If not, then there's nothing Awasu can do - it can't tell you about items it hasn't received yet.

If they are there already but you have not seen any balloons for them, this is quite common. Balloons get queued up and are shown in the order they are queued so there can sometimes be a long delay between when a new item is received and its corresponding balloon is shown. Also, if the queue gets too long, balloons can be discarded (they chew up memory).

Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:53 am
Profile WWW

Post I have same problem
I have an RSS feed, the chanell auto updates as I have it set, but a "star" next to the channel does not show to say there are new items.

When I click the channel new Items have been added.

Yet some other channels I have are showing a "Star" next to channels with new items.

Why is this happening?

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]