squeg

Postby squeg » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:30 pm

I know you must hate it whenever I grab a new version of awasu. :P

I've got a minor request for the sync system. Right now, even when I click the "auto-download settings" box in the "don't synchronize these" list, Awasu syncs the directory for downloading enclosures. At home I use a directory on a "d:" drive for storing these files. At work, I don't have a "d:" drive. Now I don't actually want to download these files at work, but if I did, this could be a real hassel. As it is, if I click the "enclosures" section of the program settings, I can't get out of the dialog because it points at a non-existant drive.

I'm hoping that the "selected time" are not also synced, so that I can set the home computer up to download whenever I like, and the work computer to never download.

However it works, it would be very nice if i could bypass anything that has to do with automatic file downloading when syncing, as this is one of those things that is very likely to be different from location to location.

For the record, the only things I have set to sync right now are "channel favorites," "channel filters," and "channel reports." I noted in another post that I'm having trouble getting channel folders to sync, but there does not seem to be a specific setting that deals with those.

Jeff

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:15 pm

Disabling Auto-download settings disables the synchronization of:<ul><li>when enclosures can be downloaded (any time/during channel blackouts/at selected times)<li>the selected times</ul>
If you want to disable the global download directory, create a file in your user's home directory called SYNC.DISABLE that looks like this:

Code: Select all

[Enclosure download directory]
1=DisableCopyConfigFileKeyAction: [Auto-download]:DefaultAutoDownloadSaveDir

When you next open the <i>Load sync data</i> dialog, you will see a new entry in the <i>Don't synchronize these</i> list. Put a tick in <i>Enclosure download directory</i> and it will no longer be sync'ed.

The sync system is flexible enough to disable the synchronization of any option but as far as enclosures go, this is probably the only one you would want to disable. Synchronization of the download directory is done since by default, it resides under the user's home directory i.e. if you run with the default settings, you won't have to worry about it across machines.

squeg wrote:the only things I have set to sync right now are "channel favorites," "channel filters," and "channel reports." I noted in another post that I'm having trouble getting channel folders to sync, but there does not seem to be a specific setting that deals with those.

By default, *everything* gets sync'ed and you can then disable individual settings. So channel folders don't require any special action - they will always get sync'ed.

squeg

Postby squeg » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:00 pm

Excellent. Thank you very much. I know most people probably leave these in the user directory. But it sits in program files on a drive that has limitted space. I stuck my enclosures on a seperate drive with a lot more free space to prevent possible crowding. Your solution will work well.

Jeff.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”