timrray

Postby timrray » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:51 pm

I've had a few times when I accidentally marked some items as read that I haven't read yet. It would be pretty handy to have an 'undo' function!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:53 pm

timrray wrote:I've had a few times when I accidentally marked some items as read that I haven't read yet. It would be pretty handy to have an 'undo' function!

You can! The "Mark as read" menu item changes to "Mark as unread" when appropriate. Ditto for "Mark all as read".

timrray

Postby timrray » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:07 pm

I know how to do that, the problem is if you have no idea what channel you were on you can't undo it.

The main problem is when I've been using the 'unread' filter and am reading a given channel while updates are going on in the background, the current channel selected in the control panel pane changes on me if a channel updates in the same folder. Without thinking twice, I right click on it and mark as read except it's not the channel that I'm viewing in the browser window. Perhaps if the selection didn't change in the first place this wouldn't be a problem.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:14 pm

So you're doing a "Mark all as read" via the My Channels window? There are other ways of doing it e.g. via the Edit menu or better yet, right-click on the channel's item pane. No chance of getting the wrong channel that way.

timrray

Postby timrray » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:29 pm

I agree that that would resolve the problem but should your selected channel change on you like that when updates happen? I wouldn't think so.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:36 am

I've never seen it happen. The only time is when the currently-selected channel is removed from the list.

timrray

Postby timrray » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:30 pm

OK, I think I've figured out what happens. Not every time, but maybe 1 out of 10 times when you shift-click to open in the default browser while viewing unread items only, the channel selection changes to a different channel. I think what I was doing is assuming the item I read came from the selected channel. Now that I know that happens, I've been keeping an eye on the selected channel before I do a mark as read.

You might want to see if you can reproduce this behavior. Like I said, it doesn't happen every time but it does happen probably 1 in 10 times.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”