JackInBpt

Postby JackInBpt » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:48 pm

Hi everyone,

There have been a couple of postings re users who get an initialization error when they attempt to install in XP when there is a user name that has a single quote in the folder that the install goes into (the source of the error was noted in one of these postings by the moderator [I presume that's who is was)], and this individual noted that the issue would be fixed in an upcoming release; so now it's March, 2006 and I'm using the latest version of Awasu (I downloaded another copy of the install file for XP just to make sure that I was using the latest release--no luck). I did attempt to change the user name (since this is a single user PC) to one without a single quote in it, but even after rebooting that didn't solve the problem. However, given the complexity of XP for a home user, it can be case of my not changing the correct "setting"--IF that's the issue (without my waiting for a new version), I need to be spoon feed just where I make the change(s) in XP. Thanks for any and all help with this. Jack In CT (USA(
Jack In CT (USA)

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:42 am

This has been fixed and will be available in the next (alpha) release, out in a week or two.

Changing the user name (like this) definitely works :-)

JackInBpt

Postby JackInBpt » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:29 pm

Hi There "site administrator",

Thank you for your reply. Your "fix" worked PERFECTLY--and it was as easy as can be to do--your web page explaining debug was as lucid a spoon feed description as can ever be had--also thanks to whoever put "pen to paper" to create that page as well to whoever conceived the notion that it would be a good "faq" to have handy for someone like me.

As someone who goes way way back to MS-DOS 3.3, this is the very FIRST time that I have ever used debug (they use to teach BASIC as an elective course in some high schools [and maybe they still do], but most of us, I think, avoided that). Anyway I really learned something, and with XP System Restore to fall back on, I guess there's not really any risk of making a royal mess of the OS.

All's well that ends well. Thank you.

Jack In CT (USA)
Jack In CT (USA)

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”