kleinfelter

Postby kleinfelter » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:38 pm

I'm a computing nomad. I end up using several different computers over the course of the week. I run almost everything that travels with me from a flash drive. There are a couple of issues with Awasu that could make life easier for a nomad. (I'm using Awasu Pro 2.2.)

1. On the registration dialog, you require the user to enter each group of 4 digits separately. I'd love to be able to paste the whole registration string via ctrl-V.

2. I'd really prefer that the registration travel with Awasu on my flash drive, instead of littering the landscape on the computers I visit.

3. When I use different computers, the Windows login name is sometimes not under my control. Since Awasu stores the data in \awasu\users\user-id-here, this means I end up with different data on different computers, defeating the very thing I'm trying to accomplish by running from flash. I'd like a way to tell Awasu, "use this user-name when you start."

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:54 am

The registration key is stored in your user's CONFIG.INI and is not stored on the local PC.

Check out this post for info on overriding the Windows account name.

kleinfelter

Postby kleinfelter » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:18 pm

Hmmm... Then the fact that I get repeatedly prompted for the registration information is probably caused by the user name issue. Thanks for the tip.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:42 am

kleinfelter wrote:Then the fact that I get repeatedly prompted for the registration information is probably caused by the user name issue.

That's right. If you run under a different user name, you get a new Users sub-directory and hence a new CONFIG.INI.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”