Eddy

Postby Eddy » Fri May 12, 2006 6:42 am

Hi,

It isn't indeed there anymore. I have to warn the owners of the feed on that.
A safe mode would be nice indeed.

Eddy

Eddy

Postby Eddy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:30 am

Hi,

It seems now failing on things where people put <> to indicate a difference:

<title>encoding <> encryption !</title>
^

Eddy

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:42 am

Eddy wrote:It seems now failing on things where people put <> to indicate a difference:

<title>encoding <> encryption !</title>

Their feed XML is definitely wrong. Putting <> in the XML is incorrect- it needs to be encoded.

topeju

Postby topeju » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:39 pm

I've added a new channel plugin for Awasu in the AwasuWiki which can be used to correct the XML in RSS and Atom feeds.

The plugin is not perfect, but it does seem to fix the OP's problem (at least at this moment), and I've not run across any issues with it yet (I use it on two channels myself). The plugin does require Python, PyWin32 and uTidyLib. It should be fairly trivial to implement the same functionality in another language also, as there are TidyLib versions available for at least C, Perl, and Java.

Eddy

Postby Eddy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:20 am

Hi Topeju,

Would it be possible that you combine this with the ealier published TranslateSgmlEntities.plugin

To support:
It seems that somebody added <> to indicate the difference between things. The safe mode thing would be nice indeed.

Eddy

topeju

Postby topeju » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:53 am

Eddy wrote:Would it be possible that you combine this with the ealier published TranslateSgmlEntities.plugin

It should be possible (and fairly easy), but is it necessary? The XmlCleaner plugin (or TidyLib, to be more accurate) should also fix entity encodings, at least if you add

Code: Select all

numeric-entities=1
to tidyopts.

Eddy

Postby Eddy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:27 am

Hi topeju,

Forgive me for asking this at the wrong place. Maybe I'm looking stupid, but I'm not a Py person. I've created the files, installed additionally uTidyLib and getting this kind of errors:
<P>The script caused an error:
<PRE>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Awasu\ChannelPlugins\XmlCleaner.py", line 9, in ?
import tidy
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\tidy\__init__.py", line 38, in ?
from tidy.lib import parse, parseString
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\tidy\lib.py", line 16, in ?
import ctypes
File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\tidy\pvt_ctypes\ctypes.zip\ctypes\__init__.py", line 13, in ?
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

</PRE>

for this feed
http://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/feeds/comments_rss.csp

Eddy

topeju

Postby topeju » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:58 am

Eddy wrote:Forgive me for asking this at the wrong place. Maybe I'm looking stupid, but I'm not a Py person. I've created the files, installed additionally uTidyLib and getting this kind of errors:
File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\tidy\pvt_ctypes\ctypes.zip\ctypes\__init__.py", line 13, in ?
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I'm not really a Python person myself. I've not run across this problem myself. The only difference I can immediately see from your setup (based on the error message) is that I'm personally using Python 2.3, and you are using 2.4. It could be possible that either uTidyLib (or ctypes, contained in uTidyLib) isn't compatible with 2.4 - none of the documents seem to refer to 2.4 specifically, only that 2.3 or later is required.

You could try updating ctypes, which can be found at http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/ctypes/. The SourceForge downloads are at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=71702. And I just now noticed that there are separate downloads for Python 2.3 and 2.4 there (still don't know if that will help though).

Eddy

Postby Eddy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:49 am

It helped. Many thanks for that.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”