dbryant

Postby dbryant » Sun May 21, 2006 11:54 pm

If I try to create a new Awasu channel pointing it to a feed at http://www.cloudsofheaven.org/rss.xml, then Awasu seems to keep refreshing the channel creation wizard first page. The effect of this is that the Awasu window keeps coming to the front (but is unresponsive), meaning that the only course of action is to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then select shutdown (task manager doesn't help, because Awasu just grabs the focus back).

I'm using Awasu Personal Edition version 2.2. The feed validates correctly at feedvalidator.org and can be correctly loaded into BlogLines - I havent' tried any other readers.

Cheers,
Dave

dbryant

Postby dbryant » Mon May 22, 2006 12:05 am

I should have mentioned before - the feed is for my site, so if you can tell me specifically what is causing the problem, I can change the feed accordingly.

Regards,
Dave

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon May 22, 2006 12:52 am

This is a known issue and was fixed in 2.2.1. It's caused by a combination of the feed being Atom 1.0 (which is not supported in 2.2) and a bug in the Channel Wizard. You should either upgrade to 2.2.1 or use a different format.

BTW, given that the feed is Atom 1.0, it would probably be more appropriate to call it feed.xml or feed.atom or something like that rather than rss.xml :-)

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”