vinyl-junkie

Postby vinyl-junkie » Thu May 25, 2006 1:20 am

I have an identical problem to one I reported (which was fixed for another version of Awasu) a long time ago (see this thread). To recap, the URLs for some of my feeds are being mysteriously rewritten. For example, this feed should have the URL:

http://www.napathon.net/rss/TradeListBeeGees.rss

but instead, something has rewritten the URL to this instead:

http://www.ahfb2000.com/rss/TradeListBeeGees.rss

The difference with my problem since the last time I experienced it is that I have a brand new computer, and I have also upgraded to Awasu Professional Edition 2.2 just a couple of days ago. This problem began happening immediately after the Awasu upgrade.

I created a debug.ini file, just as this prior thread had suggested, thinking that it would solve this problem but it didn't. Any ideas as to what I can do to permanently cure this problem?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu May 25, 2006 1:40 am

Do you have anything to do with www.ahfb2000.com e.g. is this a site you visit or have some connection with.

Also, is napathon.net on a server that you control or does someone else take care of the web server for you?

vinyl-junkie

Postby vinyl-junkie » Thu May 25, 2006 3:09 am

Napathon.net is my website, and I have some RSS feeds in Awasu for that site. AHFB2000.com is just a site that I have a RSS feed in Awasu for; I don't own or operate that site.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu May 25, 2006 8:45 am

vinyl-junkie wrote:I created a debug.ini file, just as this prior thread had suggested, thinking that it would solve this problem but it didn't.

BTW, just creating the debug file won't do anything by itself, it just turns on some logging.

You should set up DEBUG.INI as described in the other thread and change the channel's URL back to what it should be. If it gets changed again, send me the <tt>Awasu.log</tt> file and I'll take a look at what happened.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed May 31, 2006 9:57 am

Thanks for sending the log file in.

It's very strange since it looks like Awasu is doing the right thing. The server has reported that the feed has moved to a new URL and Awasu is updating the channel accordingly.

The <tt>DisablePermanentRedirectRssChannelUrlUpdates</tt> setting you have in your DEBUG.INI is obsolete and now lives in CONFIG.INI. If you exit Awasu and open this file up in Notepad, you will find an entry that says <tt>EnableAutomaticFeedUrlUpdating=1</tt>. Change the 1 to a 0 and Awasu will stop changing feed URL's (for <u>all</u> channels).

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”