newshound

Postby newshound » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:53 pm

Recently I have tried having Awasu start with Windows, and a few times Awasu has come up with a "can't update the feed" error. When I maximize Awasu and update it myself, the same feed updates without error. What I think is happening is that there is a race between Zone Alarm getting started and Awasu getting started. I see that with other programs - for example, the little program that sets my computer clock from an atomic clock somewhere. But the clock program simply waits, and as soon as it connects, it does its work and then exits.

I don't know if others see this. If so, perhaps Awasu could make some accommodation for this kind of situation, which can't be uncommon I would think. Yup, another headache to program away. [Hey, whoever said being a programmer is easy?] [I think when you get to heaven all programs work perfectly and all the angels register their shareware].

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:42 pm

newshound wrote:What I think is happening is that there is a race between Zone Alarm getting started and Awasu getting started.

Good point. I'll add it to the list.

In the meantime, you can try enabling EnableRasCheck: http://www.awasu.com/help/1.1/Appendix/ ... tions.html

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”