Roger

Postby Roger » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:58 pm

There's what seems to be a new behaviour with 2.2.3 that has been confusing me for a while. I think I now understand it well enough to describe it.

My preferred way of checking through a feed is to click on the emboldened feed name in the control centre, and then to run through the articles which look interesting on the right hand top pane. The unread articles are in bold, and the read ones in normal typeface.

How things were

When I've fininished with the interesting articles I right-click in the white
space and select "mark all as read" which marks all the unread items as read (!wow!) and causes the feed to disappear from the control centre (which I run showing unread items).

Now, if all the articles are read I don't need to "mark as read" since they are all read.

How things are now

It now seems that the action on the right button depends on whether that line of the pane corresponds to a read or unread item. If it is unread then the option is marked "mark all as read" (as before), but if it is read the option is "mark all as unread". Previously I'd swear it put up "mark all as read" if there were any unread item.

Anyhow, now I know what's going on, it's not a problem but it did cause me to wonder what was going on.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:23 pm

Roger wrote:It now seems that the action on the right button depends on whether that line of the pane corresponds to a read or unread item. If it is unread then the option is marked "mark all as read" (as before), but if it is read the option is "mark all as unread".

It's been like this for a long time. If you click on a read item, it comes up as <i>Mark as unread</i> and vice versa. If you click on something other than an item, Awasu tries to make an intelligent decision which one to choose.

However, I think what you're seeing is the same as point 1 here. With the addition of columns in item panes, items are now considered to extend across the entire width of the line (previously, they only went as far as the item title). So if you click on a white area, you're probably actually clicking on an item.

I'll see if I can do something about this for the next release.

Roger

Postby Roger » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:19 pm

Your diagnosis makes sense to me. It's not a killer by any means now that I understand it.

support wrote:
Roger wrote:It now seems that the action on the right button depends on whether that line of the pane corresponds to a read or unread item. If it is unread then the option is marked "mark all as read" (as before), but if it is read the option is "mark all as unread".

It's been like this for a long time. If you click on a read item, it comes up as <i>Mark as unread</i> and vice versa. If you click on something other than an item, Awasu tries to make an intelligent decision which one to choose.

However, I think what you're seeing is the same as point 1 here. With the addition of columns in item panes, items are now considered to extend across the entire width of the line (previously, they only went as far as the item title). So if you click on a white area, you're probably actually clicking on an item.

I'll see if I can do something about this for the next release.

Thanks for the great software

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”