topeju

Postby topeju » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:12 am

It looks like synchronizing with 2.2.3 causes metadata columns to be added to the columns already on the host loading the synchronization data, rather than being properly synchronized.

For example, I have added the Date and Author columns to my item pane, and after each synchronization between home and office, I get additional Date and Author columns (so I end up with Title, Date, Author, Date, Author, ...).

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:02 pm

topeju wrote:It looks like synchronizing with 2.2.3 causes metadata columns to be added to the columns already on the host loading the synchronization data, rather than being properly synchronized.

Restarting Awasu will clear the problem. It's a problem with Awasu's internal cache of the item pane columns and so the channel configuration itself hasn't been messed up (as long as the channel doesn't subsequently try to save its settings). So the workaround is to restart Awasu after doing a sync load.

Thanks for letting us know.

topeju

Postby topeju » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:57 pm

support wrote:So the workaround is to restart Awasu after doing a sync load.

I can confirm that the workaround works, even though it is a little bothersome.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:51 am

topeju wrote:even though it is a little bothersome.

What edition are you running? The problem has already been fixed so I'll get a special build out to you.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”