trialing

Postby trialing » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:10 am

Since I installed it it has not yet stopped accessing the internet !!! I have no idea what it is doing but the more frequent check of any of my 8 feeds is hourly and its still thrashing my network connection several hours after it has had nothing to do !!! It is definitely it accessing the internet as when I exit it immediately stops. When I run it it starts again. All the feed stories have been sorted so I am a bit worried (Spyware included in it ?)

I cannot leave it running using the internet the entire time. Nothing has ever done that on my computer. It must be sending something somewhere but I have no idea what and am now exceptionally concerned. It will have to go pretty soon unless I can find out what all this activity is !!

Right - I've now found what it is. It is still downloading a massive feed I briefly configured then deleted. It is no longer a feed yet it is still trying to download the entire set of podcasts (which will take it several days which is why I deleted it). It is deleted so why is it still downloading it ? and more to the point, how do I stop it before I hit my ISP download limit !!!!

Is this app a beta as I don't seem to be having much luck - or rather I'm finding a lot of bugs and shortcomings.

Ian

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:37 am

trialing wrote:It is no longer a feed yet it is still trying to download the entire set of podcasts (which will take it several days which is why I deleted it). It is deleted so why is it still downloading it ?

Deleting a feed should delete any podcasts queued for download but IIRC, there was a bug in older versions where this would sometimes not happen.

If you exit Awasu, browse to your user's Awasu home directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Awasu\Users\YOUR-NAME), delete the file ARCHIVE.DB. This will cause you to lose your archived content so you'll have to update all your channels.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”