trialing

Postby trialing » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:46 pm

Is there any way to get the reader to pre-download the new pages rather than have to read the page from the internet when you want to view it. Reading from the internet is a bit slow (i.e. scanning the stories quickly cannot be quick. I'm used to an Outlook add-in that downloads the web pages so its really fast and great.

Certainly, if there is no way to pre-download the web pages than I will not be buying it (as its too slow to be useful).

Ian

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:29 am

trialing wrote:Is there any way to get the reader to pre-download the new pages rather than have to read the page from the internet when you want to view it.

2.2.1 introduced offline feed items that downloads feed items and stores them locally for reading when offline.

trialing

Postby trialing » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:24 am

What versions is this available in. I'm up to 2.2.3 Advanced and its says "not available in Advanced Version.

Such a feature is so basic to an RSS Reader I would have expected it in the Personal version.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:41 am

trialing wrote:I'm up to 2.2.3 Advanced and its says "not available in Advanced Version.

Reading feed items offline is in the Professional Edition. The Advanced Edition will download images embedded in feed items so that you don't get broken images when offline.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”