fepeacock

Postby fepeacock » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:59 am

Hello

I have installed the Professional and thereafter after I had uninstalled the Professional edition, the Personal versions on Windows Server 2003. In both cases the application starts but thereafter closes without any messages. Can Awasu run on Windows Server 2003?

Another question: How do I transfer channels and associated things to another computer?

Thanks

Frank

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:43 pm

fepeacock wrote:I have installed the Professional and thereafter after I had uninstalled the Professional edition, the Personal versions on Windows Server 2003. In both cases the application starts but thereafter closes without any messages. Can Awasu run on Windows Server 2003?

Should be fine. Are you running the full (non-trial) versions? What version are you running (check the BUILD.INFO file in the Awasu installation directory)?

fepeacock wrote:Another question: How do I transfer channels and associated things to another computer?

The best way is to use the synchronization feature.

fepeacock

Postby fepeacock » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:40 pm

Hello

I have tried to run the personal edition, v2.2. The application starts up and seems OK but a second later the menu bar section blanks out and then the application quits.

The build.info file contains:

[BuildInfo]
Version=2.2
IsTrialVersion=0
MSLU=0
HttpUserAgent=Awasu/2.2PE
BuildDateTime=Dec 31 2005 05:05:31
BuildOptions=PERSONAL_EDITION ; _LOG ; MAX_CHANNELS 100 ; MAX_PLUGIN_CHANNELS 3 ; MAX_CHANNEL_HOOKS 3 ; MAX_CHANNEL_FILTERS 5 ; MAX_CHANNEL_REPORTS 5 ; MAX_CHANNEL_FAVORITES 5 ; MAX_USER_TOOLS 10 ; MAX_WORKPADS 1 ; ENABLE_MIN_AUTO_UPDATE_INTERVAL ; MAX_CHANNEL_UPDATE_AGENTS 3 ; MAX_SOAP_CHANNELS 0 ; MAX_XSLT_CHANNELS 0 ; MAX_SEARCH_AGENTS 3 ; MAX_ARCHIVE_TIME 30

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:18 am

fepeacock wrote:The application starts up and seems OK but a second later the menu bar section blanks out and then the application quits.

So you see the main window come up and it just disappears? That's really weird.

Try temporarily renaming the Users sub-directory. This will create a new setup for your user.

If that doesn't work, try renaming the entire Awasu installation directory and creating a completely fresh installation.

fepeacock

Postby fepeacock » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:29 pm

Hello

I renamed my users directory. It regenerated my directory but still the same problem existed.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled into awasu2.2 and the same problem occured.

Is it possible that there are registry settings from earlier installations still affecting the latest installation.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:40 pm

fepeacock wrote:Is it possible that there are registry settings from earlier installations still affecting the latest installation.

Possible, and this was going to be my next suggestion :-)

The UI toolkit we use stores stuff in the registry and is not backwards compatible. So if you've ever run 2.2.1, for example, and then try to go back to 2.2, it will cause Awasu to crash. You generally get different symptoms to what you're seeing but being on W2003 might explain this.

To reset the registry, run ResetUi.exe (found in the Awasu installation directory).

fepeacock

Postby fepeacock » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:57 am

Hello

I have reset the UI and reinstalled and the problem still exists.

Are there any other possible solutions?

fepeacock

Postby fepeacock » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:03 pm

I deleted all registry entries which contain the word awasu but the installation still failed.

fepeacock

Postby fepeacock » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:15 pm

I decided that I would try a different version. I did a clean installation of 2.2.3 and all went OK.

Thanks for the help.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:58 pm

fepeacock wrote:I did a clean installation of 2.2.3 and all went OK.

Thanks for the update. This really smells like the problem with the UI toolkit issue I mentioned before. Running ResetUi should've fixed it. I'll take another look at it.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”