twoolfson

Postby twoolfson » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:58 am

I am unable to change the appearance of the text or display in the preview frame.

The template changes work fine, but the only display I get is the "Exerpt" view. I can't get the text only or the complete item views.

Is this feature disabled in the free version or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks,

Tony Woolfson

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:11 pm

twoolfson wrote:I am unable to change the appearance of the text or display in the preview frame.

When you say "preview frame", I take it you mean the window that opens within Awasu when you click on a channel in My Channels and shows the channel's content?

twoolfson wrote:The template changes work fine, but the only display I get is the "Exerpt" view. I can't get the text only or the complete item views.

There are two ways to change the way content is presented.

If you look at the navigation toolbar embedded in the channel's window (above the browser pane), you will see a button labelled <i>Format</i>. Click on it and you will see the various presentation options at the bottom. These changes will last until the window is closed.

If you want to change it permanently, open the channel's Properties dialog and in the bottom-right of the Channel page, change the <i>Feed content</i> setting. Note that the default setting for this is <i>Default</i> which means it will use the global setting in the Program Options (Display page). Doing things this way lets you quickly change the setting for all your channels but still allow you override it for the few channels where you want it to be different.

One thing to be aware of is that publishers sometimes only include excerpts in their feeds so even if you have Awasu configured to show full content, it will still look like it's showing excerpts :wall:

twoolfson

Postby twoolfson » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:31 pm

I have tried all of these and nothing changes the appearance from the excerpts format. Sorry...

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Tony W

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:38 pm

twoolfson wrote:I have tried all of these and nothing changes the appearance from the excerpts format.

Go to your user's home directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Awasu\Users\YOUR-NAME) and you will find a file called CONFIG.INI. Also, in the Channels sub-directory, you will find a .CHANNEL file that is named something similar to the URL of the feed in question. Email these two files to me and I'll take a look at them.

Also, what version of Awasu are you running?

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”