prazim

Postby prazim » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:25 am

I have several feeds I am not reading right now but I don't want to delete them and then have to recreate them. What I would love to be able to do is choose "never" or "vacation" for update interval and have the feed not update until I reactivate it.

Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:38 am

sue wrote:What I would love to be able to do is choose "never" or "vacation" for update interval and have the feed not update until I reactivate it.

Open the channel's Properties dialog and uncheck <i>Automatically update the channel</i>.

prazim

Postby prazim » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:42 am

Thank you but that isn't exactly what I wanted becuase if I choose to update all channels manually, I'm assuming they will update.
Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:46 am

sue wrote:if I choose to update all channels manually, I'm assuming they will update.

Change the channel's URL to something invalid. The channel will go into error mode when it gets too many consecutive update errors and will be excluded from an <i>Update all</i>.

Something else you can try and while it's definitely not recommended, it should work (you could mess up your archive database a bit :-)). With Awasu not running, rename the .CHANNEL file to have a different extension and Awasu won't load it when it starts. Everything will be retained in the archive database and should be still there when you rename the file back. The only caveat is that you shouldn't do this with the most recently-created channel.

prazim

Postby prazim » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:30 am

ok, thanks, I'll try it. Please accept my enhancement request for future reference.
Sue

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”