prazim

Postby prazim » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:58 am

Hi,
I have tried a handful of desktop search tools and although not ideal (yet!) X1 seems to offer the most thought out interface. What would make it infinitely better would be it's ability to read the feeds in Awasu and include those pages in its search results. I have posted the request on their forum and just wanted to close the loop with you. I'm assuming that if they do it, the rest will follow with "me too".
Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:16 am

sue wrote:What would make it infinitely better would be it's ability to read the feeds in Awasu and include those pages in its search results.

The ability to publish search results as a feed would be a major asset for any search engine so it's something the X1 people should definitely be looking at implementing.

In the meantime, if they offer some way of getting search results out of their system, it would be possible to write a plugin to do that and generate an RSS feed for what it receives.

prazim

Postby prazim » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:26 am

Hi Taka,
Actually, what I was thinking about was indexing the full document content of the actual feeds (residing on the web). I have spent a little time with their tool and although they are the most comprehensive of what is available now, I have a list of glitches that they may not repair. As a result, I have contacted Comodo and suggested they consider building a desktop search tool, as they seek product creation ideas from their users. I have asked them to work with you as well.
Thanks!
Sue

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”