prazim

Postby prazim » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:16 am

Hi Taka,
I am using Firefox 2.01 and Awasu isn't opening the item in it when I select open in default browser.
Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:51 pm

sue wrote:I am using Firefox 2.01 and Awasu isn't opening the item in it when I select open in default browser.

You mean from the IE right-click menu? Awasu doesn't differentiate between IE or Firefox or any other browser in this case. It just asks Windows to open a URL.

Open the Start Menu, choose <i>Run</i>, type <tt>http://awasu.com</tt> and press ENTER. What happens?

prazim

Postby prazim » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:55 pm

it opens Awasu in a new tab. So I am wondering what is getting stuck that it doesn't open the item in the default browser when I ask it to do that?
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:23 pm

sue wrote:it opens Awasu in a new tab.

Huh?! Somehow, your PC has managed to register Awasu as the default browser. There's no way to do that from Awasu so it must've happened some other way.

To re-register Firefox as the default browser, open the Options dialog, go to Main tab and at the bottom, click the <i>Check Now</i> button.

BTW, what should happen is that a new Firefox window opens with the URL loaded.

prazim

Postby prazim » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:20 am

Thanks Taka. Firefox just confirmed for me that it IS already the default browser. I just tried it again and it is now working...ah, the intricacies of technology!
Thanks for your help Taka. Somewhere some little something was apparently missing...and clicking "check now" must have fixed that.
Sue

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”