View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

Post Add to Diigo while in Awasu
Hi,
Right now, as I find items in Awasu that I would like to post to Diigo, I am having to open the item in Firefox, then add it the usual way to Diigo. Is there a way to add it directly while in Awasu?
Thanks!
Sue

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:47 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Add to Diigo while in Awasu
sue wrote:
Is there a way to add it directly while in Awasu?

You can probably set up a user tool for it.

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:44 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks Taka. that won't work as the button to add a feed isn't a link to a web page, it is apparently a script. Great suggestion though! Got another one?
:)

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:38 am
Site Admin

Thanks Taka. that won't work as the button to add a feed isn't a link to a web page, it is apparently a script.

I've got something working but unfortunately the Diigo guys don't make it easy to do. The simplest solution was a minor code change to Awasu although you could probably do it with a bit of JavaScript magic (but this would require enabling JavaScript in either your default browser or Awasu itself, something some people may not be willing to do).

If you let us know which edition of Awasu you are running, I'll get a special build to you. You must also be running 2.2.5.

It's a bit rough around the edges but I'm flat out doing 2.3.rc1 testing right now so it will have to do. Once you've got it working, I'll post it to the wiki and maybe someone else can clean it up a bit.

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:36 am
Profile WWW

I am using 2.2.5 and the most current Diigo toolbar. This can wait until after 2.3rc1 unless you would prefer I start using it now. I use Java and Java Script, and have implemented anonybrowser to protect my online browsing.
Thanks!
sue

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:41 pm
Site Admin

I am using 2.2.5 and the most current Diigo toolbar.

Are you using the Personal, Advanced or Pro Edition?

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:22 pm
Profile WWW

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:28 pm

Post Integrate with ShareThis
I'm bringing this up again, because I very much miss a feature like this, but in a more general version, so that it's possible to share content directly from the Awasu, using ShareThis (I love their interface, offering sharing in all kinds of way).

I have the Advanced edition

Thanks a lot

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Integrate with ShareThis
Hey, good to see you're still with us :-)

halinagold wrote:
so that it's possible to share content directly from the Awasu, using ShareThis (I love their interface, offering sharing in all kinds of way).

What exactly are you looking for? Something in the context menu when you right-click on an item in the item pane? Or in the popup menu you get when you hover over <i>Send to</i> at the bottom of each item in the browser pane? Or some clickable links that are always visible at the end of each item in the browser pane? Or something else...?

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:49 am
Profile WWW

I like this one
Quote:
in the popup menu you get when you hover over Send to at the bottom of each item in the browser pane

(and am open to other solutions as well - as long as it's plain and simple).

And, yes I'm still here! The only reason why you haven't heard from me for a long time is because since version 2.4 Awasu has been serving me perfectly. I use Awasu every day and enjoy it. Thank you! :D

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:24 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Integrate with ShareThis
halinagold, if you're using Awasu 2.4 then you must be familiar with Send to tools. Did you see the Awasu Wiki page I wrote on Mega Bookmarking Sharing Send to Tools. It demonstrates Send to tools using the AddThis and AddToAny services. Both services allow you effectively send feed items to over 100 different services.

If you haven't tried AddThis or AddToAny, you might want to take a look at them by clicking on the "sample links" on the wiki page. Maybe these Send to tools will do what you want.

I did look into ShareThis and to get the ShareThis button it looks like you need to register with them and give them a URL to your blog. Also I examined the ShareThis button on your web site and I see that there is a "publisher ID" field that is part of the ShareThis button's code. It looks like the publisher ID gives the web site some statistics on how many people have shared an item.

Since Awasu is a desktop application rather than a web site, things might be a little different. It looks like to use a ShareThis button in Awasu you would still need a publisher ID, but whose publisher ID would you use? Do you want to use your ShareThis publisher ID (this might be possible for you only)? Should Taka try to get a publisher ID for Awasu? I'm just not sure how the ShareThis people would work with a desktop application like Awasu. :lost:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Post It's never too late to learn something new
I have to admit, that I only use the most basic features in Awasu. I had no idea I could use the services you mention. That would be fine with me - it doesn't have to be ShareThis at all, as long as I can use them to submit in a similar way. I'm going to read/learn about this - it's never too late to learn something new...

Thank you!

Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:18 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: It's never too late to learn something new
halinagold wrote:
It's never too late to learn something new

Great attitude! I wish more people had it. :clap:

If you only have a few online services that you want to interact with then it's good to set up individual Send to tools for each service; but if somebody is using 20+ online services then too many Send to tools may look cluttered and the "AddThis" or "AddToAny" may be better choices.

Don't hesitate to ask for some help if you need it.

And I do think that it may be possible for you to add your ShareThis button to your own Channel Summary Templates, let me know if you want to give it a try.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]