neilbenn

Postby neilbenn » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:39 pm

I like the flexibility of the channel filters instead of a hierarchy of categorizations, but feel that the name of filter in effect should be visible in the UI. The selection of channel should also be 'associated' more with the My Channels pane, maybe an expandable option under the header, that when activated opens up a list of filters to select from. If a user (like me) can never remember hotkey combos, then I counted four clicks to do the same thing from the icon. This would be reduced to 2 i.e. 1 to open filter list (in My Channels pane) 2 to click on filter name.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:55 pm

neilbenn wrote:I like the flexibility of the channel filters instead of a hierarchy of categorizations, but feel that the name of filter in effect should be visible in the UI.

Yep, I agree. This has been on the to-do list in exactly the form you described. Unfortunately, there are a few other Big Features that take priority but I want to revamp the Control Center soon so I'll probably address it then. A few people have said that while channel filters are very powerful, they are also a little difficult to use. So I'll be adding a drag-and-drop way of organizing channels that manages the whole process transparently. For the benefit of anyone reading this, there is a walk-through of how to set up a channel filter here:

http://www.awasu.com/help/ChannelFilterExample/

But even if you can't remember the hotkeys, it's still quick to access your filters: CTRL-L to bring up the dialog and then press the first letter of the filter name. You can also adjust the order of the filters to get the most commonly used ones at the top the list.

Thanks for the feedback!

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”