finkjsc

Postby finkjsc » Tue May 01, 2007 12:10 am

Since I installed 2.3, many of my channels continue to show old items that I have not yet read - even though I have marked them as read many times they come back as unread upon restarting Awasu.

Funny, but awasu's weblog RSS feed is one that keeps doing this. Other channels never do this or sometimes do. With 2.2 I never had these problems.

I ran admin.exe but it found no problems. What else could be the problem? This issue seems to be getting worse.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue May 01, 2007 3:01 pm

Try deleting the files described here.

finkjsc

Postby finkjsc » Wed May 02, 2007 12:29 am

support wrote:Try deleting the files described here.

I had to delete both files-but so far no more issues with unread items.

However, if I try to mark a channel as read without clicking on the channel first, the little balloon next to the channel name doesn't go away until I click on the channel afterwards.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed May 02, 2007 3:20 am

finkjsc wrote:However, if I try to mark a channel as read without clicking on the channel first, the little balloon next to the channel name doesn't go away until I click on the channel afterwards.

That's odd, it works fine for me :-)

Read/unread items are going to be completely rewritten in the next release cycle.

finkjsc

Postby finkjsc » Wed May 02, 2007 3:45 am

support wrote:
finkjsc wrote:However, if I try to mark a channel as read without clicking on the channel first, the little balloon next to the channel name doesn't go away until I click on the channel afterwards.

That's odd, it works fine for me :-)

Read/unread items are going to be completely rewritten in the next release cycle.

Hmm. It seems to work fine now too-maybe I didn't wait long enough?

halinagold

Postby halinagold » Mon May 07, 2007 5:32 am

It's probably that. I've experienced a lot of times when it looks like nothing happens but then later or when I re-start the program the changes have taken place.
I'd say that's a bug - things "should be" working right away, don't you find?

Thanks
Halina

finkjsc

Postby finkjsc » Wed May 09, 2007 4:13 am

support wrote:Try deleting the files described here.

Damn, the unread items problem is surfacing again.

Awasu has been my one and only RSS reader for the last 2 years. V2.2 worked like a charm; ever since I upgraded to 2.3 this annoying problem has plagued me.

I'd hate to trash Awasu and move on to something else, but if a RSS reader can't do it's basic function of remembering which items have been read or not, then....

halinagold

Postby halinagold » Wed May 09, 2007 4:34 am

Same thing here (with the unread items problem).

As you I've been using Awasu for quite a while and love it. So will await a solution - I'm sure Taka will do his best to solve this.

:)
Halina

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed May 09, 2007 5:21 am

finkjsc wrote:Damn, the unread items problem is surfacing again.

Yah, I hear you :-)

Part of the problem is the perennial issue of being able to uniquely identify feed items, something RSS has always had something of a problem with. Right now, Awasu tracks read/unread status by URL which is not 100%-reliable, especially if the publisher is in the habit of changing their URL's (which does happen).

We're going to completely rewrite the way Awasu handles this stuff early in the next release cycle (probably in the first beta) so all these problems should go away then.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”