ahokanson

Postby ahokanson » Thu May 31, 2007 1:03 pm

I had to reload my reader in fact start from the very beginning now I am getting this message. "Please run ArchiveMaintenance to upgrade your archive database". PLEASE what I do and How do I do it. I need to load the MPM Business folder or feed ... By the way I am reallyyyyyyy new to this so explain it to me like I am 6 yr old OK LOL Thanks Arnie

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:37 am

ahokanson wrote:I had to reload my reader in fact start from the very beginning now I am getting this message. "Please run ArchiveMaintenance to upgrade your archive database".

I think you've tried to re-install a different version to the original MPM you one had.

Where did you get the ZIP/EXE file you used to do the re-installation from?

You could always just run ArchiveMaintenance.exe - you'll find it in the Awasu installation directory.

ahokanson

Postby ahokanson » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:39 am

I might have I went to update it to 2.3 and then went into MPM business it also said to update the RSS Feeder I did that and thats when I was the trouble began. I tried running the Archieve Maintance and it wont let me. Then I un-installed the program and went back to re-install it then I got a message saying to run the admin.exec I tried to do that to the best of my knowledge and it failed to cooperate with me. If ANYONE has a suggestion please let me know. Thank You Much for your quick response

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:35 am

It's not totally clear exactly what's happened on your machine but this is what you need to do to completely remove Awasu from your PC so you can re-install it clean.

(*) Open a Windows Explorer window, go to the Awasu installation directory and run <tt>ResetUi.exe</tt>.

(*) From the Start Menu (or Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs), run the Awasu un-installer.

(*) Remove the Awasu installation directory (by default, <tt>C:\Program Files\Awasu</tt>).

(*) Since you've run 2.3, you also need to remove the <i>local data</i> amd <i>roaming data</i> directories. The location of these depends on which version of Windows you are running but you can find out here (make sure you read the footnotes).

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”