ju111

Postby ju111 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:54 pm

Hello,

I am currently testing Awasu (very great soft !), and I have a few questions about Search Channels:

- Is it possible to include the percent of the match for each items in the channel resulting from the search ? (like in a search agent)

- Is it possible to print the matched keywords in the resulting items (in the title field for example) ?

I have another question about the algorithm used for the percent score of the search agents : what is the algorithm exactly ?
I have a filter that contains about 30 words, each of one with a boost coefficient. The corresponding search agent found about 100 items, but each item has a score of....1%. Is there a reason ?

Thank you very much

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:38 am

ju111 wrote:- Is it possible to include the percent of the match for each items in the channel resulting from the search ? (like in a search agent)

Take a copy of the default template file (<tt>DefaultSearchChannelFeed.template</tt>) and modify it to use <tt>{%ITEM-SCORE%}</tt> to show each item's score. Then reconfigure your search channels to use this template.

ju111 wrote:- Is it possible to print the matched keywords in the resulting items (in the title field for example) ?

There is no parameter for this but it can be hard-coded into the template file. This means that you need a separate template file for each of your search channels. When you create the search channel, click on the More button to use something other than the default one.

ju111 wrote:I have another question about the algorithm used for the percent score of the search agents : what is the algorithm exactly ?
I have a filter that contains about 30 words, each of one with a boost coefficient. The corresponding search agent found about 100 items, but each item has a score of....1%. Is there a reason ?

Awasu uses CLucene to handle search and I'm not very familiar with the specifics of how it works. But I would guess that the fact you've got so many words in your search query might have something to do with it. If you're searching for 30 words and an item matches only one of them, it's not really that good a match for the search query as a whole :-)

ju111

Postby ju111 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:08 pm

Thank you for these answers.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”