prazim

Postby prazim » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:09 pm

Hi Taka,
I have quite a bit going on with my system resources right now and am hoping you know of a way for me to optimize Awasu. I have 90 or so channels which update hourly, and I am using the professional version.

When I just checked, Awasu was using a very large chunk of resources. I hope there is a way to use Awasu and simultaneously consume minimal resources, and also speed up the navigation from one article to the next.

You had mentioned something at one point about using it as an offline reader, but it isn't clear to me how I might do that, and if that would make a difference regarding the resources, and speed of access to the articles.
Thanks Taka!
sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:04 am

What resources are you referring to?

Offline reading is described here. It won't really help in terms of speed, it just lets you read stuff that wouldn't otherwise be available when you're offline.

prazim

Postby prazim » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:57 am

Hi Taka,
regarding the resources, when I opened task manager, it reported Awasu was consuming131,000k. I was very surprised as normally, when I check it, it is around 50k.

I wasn't certain if this was happening due to a design change or something going on with my data.

Thanks,
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:06 am

sue wrote:when I opened task manager, it reported Awasu was consuming131,000k. I was very surprised as normally, when I check it, it is around 50k.

Are these figures correct? That's a difference of x2620. There's no way Awasu would ever use only 50k, that's just too low.

If it should be 50,000k, it's possible. Awasu does a lot of caching so if you have lots of new content coming in, the memory usage will increase.

Also, Task Manager reports several different figures regarding memory usage and they are notoriously misleading. You need to have a fairly good understanding of how Windows works to really interpret them correctly and even then, they don't always give a good picture of what's actually happening.

prazim

Postby prazim » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:04 pm

Hi Taka,
i apologize for the confusing shorthand. The typical amount consumed by Awasu is around 50,000k. I very much appreciate your explanation as to why the amount may go much higher. I'm less concerned about it now.

Kind Regards,
Sue

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”