RogerE

Postby RogerE » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:58 am

I have had a trial period with Awasu.

I am very new at computer technology. I need help.

What does AWASU give me that I don't have with MSN?

Do I or will I need another browser such as MSN if I have Awasu?

What does FSS feed mean?

I really need to have the technology explained to me in baby terms to know whether I want to upgrade and pay for Awasu.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:09 am

RogerE wrote:What does AWASU give me that I don't have with MSN?

Awasu and MSN are two different kinds of program. Awasu is a feed reader (also known as an RSS reader, or aggregator), that continually checks in at your favorite web sites, looking for new stories. It's kind of an advanced web browser but while with Internet Explorer, you have to go to web sites and manually check for new stuff, Awasu does it automatically for you.

RogerE wrote:Do I or will I need another browser such as MSN if I have Awasu?

Depends what you want to do :-) Awasu will do all the automated checking of web sites for you but you can also do your normal web browsing in it as well. MSN provides a bunch of features that Awasu doesn't so you'll need to look into them and decide whether you need them or not.

RogerE wrote:What does FSS feed mean?

It's actually "RSS" and it stands for Really Simple Syndication. You might have heard of something called "HTML"? This is the computer language a web site uses to talk to your browser to tell it what each web page should look like. RSS is a different language used by web sites to tell feed readers like Awasu about what stories are on the site. Feed readers can then figure out what's new, download them for you to read, etc.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”