View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Post Pause balloons when running another app full-screen
I love the awasu popup notifications *EXCEPT* for when I'm running apps fullscreen and need to see or interact with the lower corner of the screen. Two common examples for me are my IM client, and the NO SCRIPT plugin for Firefox which I regularly need to adjust my ruleset to allow javascipt or flash.

What I would like to propose is that for any popup that is MANUALLY closed by the user, insert a delay before the display of the next popup of 3 to 5 seconds so that I can get my corner of the screen business done and be on with life.

Right now, I end up playing "whack-a-mole" with awasu popups, unsuccessfully, until I either minimize my app or exit awasu.

I'm sure you'd rather not have people exit Awasu :)

Thanks.

Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:01 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Pause balloons when running another app full-screen
ross wrote:
What I would like to propose is that for any popup that is MANUALLY closed by the user, insert a delay before the display of the next popup of 3 to 5 seconds so that I can get my corner of the screen business done and be on with life.

Yes, this has come up a few times. The problem is that there's no easy way to tell if another app is running full-screen but I'll take another look at it.

I thought about having a way to manually pause balloons but ya just *know* people are going to forget to un-pause them :-) and having a delay like the one you suggested won't satisfy most people e.g. if they're watching a movie or playing a game.

Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Pause balloons when running another app full-screen
ross wrote:

This feature has been added and will be available in 2.3.3.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]