prazim

Postby prazim » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:07 pm

Hi Taka,
I have upgraded to 2.2.5 and wanted you to know that the tabs for the control center and the display area are still not using the windows theme fonts.

CTRL+A doesn't work for the address bar (and it didn't before, either, so this isn't a new issue)

I have several feeds which I have elected to show on my right click menu and have limited each to 10 feeds. One of them has 25 or so new feeds and they are all showing on the right click menu. I double checked and confirmed that I specified only 10 items should show there.

Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:28 pm

sue wrote:the tabs for the control center and the display area are still not using the windows theme fonts.

I'll remind the guys who make our GUI toolkit about this.

sue wrote:CTRL+A doesn't work for the address bar (and it didn't before, either, so this isn't a new issue)

I've just added something so that this will now work.

sue wrote:I have several feeds which I have elected to show on my right click menu and have limited each to 10 feeds. One of them has 25 or so new feeds and they are all showing on the right click menu. I double checked and confirmed that I specified only 10 items should show there.

It's working OK for me. Send me the relevant <tt>.CHANNEL</tt> files and I'll take a look at them.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:38 pm

sue wrote:the tabs for the control center and the display area are still not using the windows theme fonts.

How are you changing the font? I just had another play with it and got the font on the Control Center tabs to change by changing the "Menu" font in the Windows "Advanced Appearance" dialog.

And what do you mean exactly by "display area"? If you mean the list of channels and folders inside the My Channels window, that's configured via the Fonts tab of Awasu's Program Options dialog.

prazim

Postby prazim » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:19 am

Taka,
all of my fonts in windows under advanced are for the same font, and that font isn't being used for the control center tabs or the tabs for the channels when they are open.

It's a mystery for sure. I just double checked it and my windows appearance settings are right...

just to clarify, the text for the channel names is fine, but the tab text is not.
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:53 am

sue wrote:all of my fonts in windows under advanced are for the same font, and that font isn't being used for the control center tabs or the tabs for the channels when they are open.

Which font are you using?

prazim

Postby prazim » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:56 pm

ITC Kabel Book. It is a type 1 font

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:24 am

sue wrote:ITC Kabel Book. It is a type 1 font

Try changing it to a more common font and see if that helps. The GUI toolkit may be having problems with this particular font.

prazim

Postby prazim » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:06 pm

Well, actually, it is my favorite font. Perhaps you can let the folks know who developed the toolkit that it doesn't work with Type 1 fonts?
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:53 pm

sue wrote:Well, actually, it is my favorite font. Perhaps you can let the folks know who developed the toolkit that it doesn't work with Type 1 fonts?

Can you just change it temporarily so we can see if it actually is the font that's causing the problem. If you change it to something like Courier :-) and it shows up in the Control Centre tabs, we will know that the GUI toolkit is having problems with this particular font and I can <strike>handball</strike> pass it on to the other people.

prazim

Postby prazim » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:36 pm

Taka,
I just changed it to mistral which is a script type true type font and the appearance in Awasu didn't change, although the menus for my other apps did.
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:31 pm

sue wrote:I just changed it to mistral which is a script type true type font and the appearance in Awasu didn't change, although the menus for my other apps did.

Just had another play with it and noticed that Awasu wouldn't respond to a font change unless I also changed the size. Can you try again with some different font sizes as well.

prazim

Postby prazim » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:22 pm

Dear Taka,
I just tried it with 2 different true type fonts, and changed the size. Awasu enlarged the tab text when I changed the size, but never changed the font. It just isn't working.
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:49 pm

sue wrote:I just tried it with 2 different true type fonts, and changed the size. Awasu enlarged the tab text when I changed the size, but never changed the font. It just isn't working.

The word back from the guys who provide our GUI toolkit is that, for some reason, they deliberately ignore the system font setting :roll:

Later versions allow you to disable this. We'll be upgrading the GUI toolkit after 2.3 is released and I'll include a switch to handle this.

prazim

Postby prazim » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:01 am

Great news, Taka, thank you VERY much!!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:59 am

Better late than never :-|

This will be available in 2.3.3.alpha2 and can be turned on by setting up your DEBUG.INI file like this:

Code: Select all

[Debug]
DisableBcgSystemFontOverride=1

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”