prazim

Postby prazim » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:35 pm

Taka,
I LOVE this new feature, and thank you again for it. I am writing with a couple of pertaining questions.

This feature seems to open the tabs in an order which it picks for itself and it is different each time.

Now that I am using this feature, on a daily basis there are more tabs opened that are visible in the wondow without scrolling. It would be great to have a scroll bar for the tabs and not just the open item.

Even though my Awasu is configured to show the item pane, the tabs open with it closed and I have to hit F7 for each tab to view it.

It would be lovely to have a "close all tabs" option.

Thanks Taka!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:41 pm

sue wrote:This feature seems to open the tabs in an order which it picks for itself and it is different each time.

Yes, this is a side-effect of it working by folders and would be tricky to change.

sue wrote:there are more tabs opened that are visible in the wondow without scrolling. It would be great to have a scroll bar for the tabs and not just the open item.

Don't quite understand. There are left/right scroll arrows on both sides of the tabs.

sue wrote:Even though my Awasu is configured to show the item pane, the tabs open with it closed and I have to hit F7 for each tab to view it.

Yes, this doesn't always happen but is an extremely elusive bug that I've been trying to figure out for ages (it's a very subtle timing problem). I'm going to take another look at it soon.

sue wrote:It would be lovely to have a "close all tabs" option.

Window | Close all

prazim

Postby prazim » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi Taka,
ok, thanks that helps and I'll try the window/close all.

The arrows are there but a scroll bar would be easier so one didn't have to mouse all the way over to move to the next tabs.

Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:40 pm

sue wrote:The arrows are there but a scroll bar would be easier so one didn't have to mouse all the way over to move to the next tabs.

Ah, I see what you mean. Ctrl-Tab and Ctrl-Shift-Tab will cycle through the open tabs and you also have quick access from the Window menu.

prazim

Postby prazim » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:25 am

okie dokie, I'll try it!
Thanks Taka,
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:51 am

sue wrote:Even though my Awasu is configured to show the item pane, the tabs open with it closed and I have to hit F7 for each tab to view it.

Is this still happening for you? Every time, for every channel? I can't seem to get it happen any more :roll:

prazim

Postby prazim » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:23 am

Actually, no, it is doing something a little different. I changed the panel to be to the right to see how that would work and now when Awasu opens the area is only visible about 1/4 of an inch, so I resize it to view the posts for each channel. The channels I open manually which are not part of the start up folder open with the item pane about 2 1/2 inches wide...which is preferable.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:43 am

If you manually resize an item pane, Awasu will remember the new size. The bug I mentioned before (that seems to have spontaneously fixed itself) was that Awasu would sometimes forget the item pane size and reset it to 0. This only used to happen when opening more than one channel simultaneously e.g. via <i>Find channels</i> or <i>Open all channels in a folder</i>.

prazim

Postby prazim » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:10 am

Actually Taka, with the open startup folder option, it isn't remembering the resized item pane. It only works as expected for channels I open manually.

prazim

Postby prazim » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:29 pm

Hi Taka,
I needed to touch base with you concerning the resources consumed by the new open on start up feature. Essentially, even when the channels aren't updating, with the open on start up enabled, Awasu is consuming twice the normal resources, nearly 350,000. With the feature turned of, it consumes 160,000 or so.

The good news, is that by you making this feature available, I organized a folder with my must read feeds, so am getting a lot more accomplished each day. It's made a huge impact for the better. Thank you, Taka.

Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:51 pm

350,000 what? If you're talking about memory, then the fact that you have a bunch of IE windows open within Awasu could well explain it (since IE uses a lot of memory for each window it has open). Also, closing those windows won't necessarily free that memory up since IE does a lot of caching of stuff. And as I mentioned in another post, reading metrics from Task Manager is notoriously tricky...

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”