Btwisinski

Postby Btwisinski » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:24 pm

Hello,

I am using Awasu Pro 2.3 and having some trouble extending the functionality of the program. (Sorry for the broad subjuct line, I wasn't sure what to put to include all of my questions).

First, I would like to output the contents of updated feeds. I can successfully do this with channel reports and channel filters, except for one problem: the output file (HTML) has the entire content of the channel, not just the updated items. I have tried to modify the channel filters to fix this, but couldn't seem to get it to work.
So then I tried to modify the channel itself to only contain, say, the most recent 5 items, by using a sylesheet in the channel processing option. But I frequently ran into "Cant determine the feed type" errors (I know some XSLT but am no means an expert).

I also would like to combine channels (or just several feeds into one channel), but if I could get the input or the channel filters to work like I want them to, I can handle this with a channel report on the output.

Any suggestions or ideas on what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ben

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:32 am

Btwisinski wrote:I have tried to modify the channel filters to fix this, but couldn't seem to get it to work.

Channel filters only control which channels get included in the report, not what content from that channel gets used. So using a filter that has <i>"Filter by new content"</i> set will include only channels that have new content but won't restrict the feed items inserted into the report to new ones. To do that, there is a setting in the channel report config: <i>"Items to include: new items only"</i>.

Btwisinski wrote:But I frequently ran into "Cant determine the feed type" errors (I know some XSLT but am no means an expert).

You'll get this if the XML is wrong in some way and Awasu can't figure out if it's got RSS or RDF or Atom.

Btwisinski wrote:I also would like to combine channels (or just several feeds into one channel), but if I could get the input or the channel filters to work like I want them to, I can handle this with a channel report on the output.

Thismight be the easiest way :-)

Btwisinski

Postby Btwisinski » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:05 pm

Ok great, Thanks. That fixed it (I cant believe that I had missed that option before!).

I have another question though:
Whenever I load Awasu, it tells me that it cannot load my plugins(I have two in my plugins folder) because it is missing the name.plugin file. I do not understand this for two reasons - first, the name.plugin files are there, so it should not be missing them. second, I am no longer using the plugins, and so dont know why Awasu is looking for them.

Is there a way to 'unload' plugins? Like I said, I am not using them anymore, and would just like to get rid of the error message.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:55 am

Btwisinski wrote:Is there a way to 'unload' plugins? Like I said, I am not using them anymore, and would just like to get rid of the error message.

Are you talking about plugin channels (as opposed to application plugins)? I'm assuming you're talking about the former since not many people tend to use the latter.

Awasu doesn't go looking in any particular directory for plugin scripts, only if you have a plugin channel that is referencing them. My guess is that you create some plugin channels, then moved the plugin script/EXE's. Awasu is still looking for them in the old location (if you look in the .CHANNEL files, you will see the <tt>ScriptFilename=</tt> entry), thus giving the "missing .PLUGIN file" error. So you just need to identify and delete these channels.

Btwisinski

Postby Btwisinski » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 pm

Well, I took your advice and looked up the .CHANNEL files on my pc. The as I suspected, the channels that I had already deleted (and the ones that had been using the plugins) were not there, so I am still not sure why awasu is looking for them on startup.

I have in the meantime just removed the plugins and all associated files from the plugins directory where awasu is looking for them, which seems to get rid of the error on startup.

Thanks for your help.
Ben

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”