vidconf

Postby vidconf » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:24 am

Anyway to limit the Item description to maximum characters or words?
{%ITEM-METADATA% description}

Something like:
{%ITEM-METADATA% description format=100word}

Thanks

Vid

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:31 am

vidconf wrote:Anyway to limit the Item description to maximum characters or words?

There is but it's a global setting and affects everything within Awasu where an item description is generated. I'll add something to the next release that does what you want.

vidconf

Postby vidconf » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:42 pm

support wrote:
vidconf wrote:Anyway to limit the Item description to maximum characters or words?

There is but it's a global setting and affects everything within Awasu where an item description is generated. I'll add something to the next release that does what you want.

I don't mind using a global setting for now :D

What is the setting?

Do you have docs somewhere on all the template parameters and option and tweaks?

Thanks

Vid

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:15 am

vidconf wrote:What is the setting?

I'll post something when I get back.

vidconf

Postby vidconf » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:18 pm

support wrote:
vidconf wrote:What is the setting?

I'll post something when I get back.

Just checking for an update to the global setting to limit the item description to max words/characters?

Thanks

Vid

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:40 am

vidconf wrote:Just checking for an update to the global setting to limit the item description to max words/characters?

I'm not back yet :-)

vidconf

Postby vidconf » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:09 pm

support wrote:
vidconf wrote:Just checking for an update to the global setting to limit the item description to max words/characters?

I'm not back yet :-)

Are you back? :D

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:04 am

vidconf wrote:Are you back?

Nope, something came up so I'm going to be away for a bit longer (probably until mid-next week). I had a look at it already but I really need to be back at the office to figure it out. Don't worry, I won't forget... :-)

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this. It's actually quite easy... :-)

Exit Awasu and open up your user's <tt>CONFIG.INI</tt> file in Notepad, find the lines that start with <tt>FeedItemDescriptionExcerptMinWords=</tt> and <tt>FeedItemDescriptionExcerptMaxWords=</tt> and adjust them accordingly.

Changing this will affect channel summary pages, channel reports and search result pages (if they are configured to show excerpted item descriptions, of course).

vidconf

Postby vidconf » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:44 am

support wrote:Apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this. It's actually quite easy... :-)

Exit Awasu and open up your user's <tt>CONFIG.INI</tt> file in Notepad, find the lines that start with <tt>FeedItemDescriptionExcerptMinWords=</tt> and <tt>FeedItemDescriptionExcerptMaxWords=</tt> and adjust them accordingly.

Changing this will affect channel summary pages, channel reports and search result pages (if they are configured to show excerpted item descriptions, of course).

Very cool.

Works like a charm :lol:

Thanks!

Vid

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”