View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

Post Awasu: Auto Backup
Would be nice to have an autmated action to auto backup Awasu on a predefined schedule.

The idea is to recover Awasu in case of major failure such as a hard drive failure.

Ideally Awasu would auto backup all it's files and db to zip file and auto FTP the zip on a pre-defined schedule.

Cheers

Vid

Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:22 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Awasu: Auto Backup
vidconf wrote:
Would be nice to have an autmated action to auto backup Awasu on a predefined schedule.

You can just use a third-party backup tool to back up the two directories described here. The only issue is that you want to make sure you get a consistent save if Awasu is writing to its files at the time. I use Acronis for all my backups and can thoroughly recommend it. It's an excellent piece of software and will handle this (it only backs up what's there when it starts).

Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:10 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Awasu: Auto Backup
support wrote:
vidconf wrote:

You can just use a third-party backup tool to back up the two directories described here. The only issue is that you want to make sure you get a consistent save if Awasu is writing to its files at the time. I use Acronis for all my backups and can thoroughly recommend it. It's an excellent piece of software and will handle this (it only backs up what's there when it starts).

Ok Cool, I'll check out Acronis.

I've used Norton Ghost in the past :D

I understand this is not the core focus of Awasu.

Cheers

Vid

Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]