JulianUK

Postby JulianUK » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:23 am

...instead the imported channels appear as a flat list at the end of the Awasu folder list.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:44 am

JulianUK wrote:...instead the imported channels appear as a flat list at the end of the Awasu folder list.

Somebody else asked me about this just recently. The problem is that (1) the OPML spec is very vague about how anything is supposed to work and (2) the OPML import feature was written before Awasu had My Channels folders :-)

I'll be taking a look at this code soon anyway so I'll try to get something that supports retaining the folder structure.

JulianUK

Postby JulianUK » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:15 am

support wrote:I'll be taking a look at this code soon anyway so I'll try to get something that supports retaining the folder structure.

Thanks... For me I found out too late (i.e .after I had put all my channels in), but for someone else it was the killer anti-feature that put him off the product.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:19 am

JulianUK wrote:but for someone else it was the killer anti-feature that put him off the product.

Maybe. It's always a trade-off, what you get versus what you don't and Awasu is pretty good in the what-you-get department (especially when you consider that it's free :wink:). We have to prioritize what gets done first and this one has been pushed down the list a bit by other things.

We're going to be adding some features shortly to allow synchronization with a variety of different things and support for OPML will be completely revamped as part of this.

JulianUK

Postby JulianUK » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:12 pm

support wrote:Maybe. It's always a trade-off, what you get versus what you don't and Awasu is pretty good in the what-you-get department (especially when you consider that it's free :wink:). We have to prioritize what gets done first and this one has been pushed down the list a bit by other things.

Agree it's always a trade-off - unfortunately the contact in question had 350+ feeds, so needed the Pro version!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:48 am

JulianUK wrote:the contact in question had 350+ feeds, so needed the Pro version!

The Advanced Edition also allows for an unlimited number of channels.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”