targon

Postby targon » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:13 am

There's a feature that I would very much like to see in Awasu: the possibility to configure a channel so that it's item ordering would be reversed.

This would make life much easier when reading some channels - especially when combined with the "show only unread items" feature that we now have (thanks!). If I have a channel where I want to read all the items in chronological order, I'd just select "show unread items" and "reverse order", and then read the items on the summary page from top to bottom.

I know I can make a plugin to do this fairly easily, but I think it would be a nice option in the program itself.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:18 am

targon wrote:There's a feature that I would very much like to see in Awasu: the possibility to configure a channel so that it's item ordering would be reversed.

Yes, I know. It's really annoying that the Yahoo message groups don't present their feed items in reverse chronological order, for example. This feature has been on The List for ages but I've been so busy writing the other stuff :whip:

If you write the plugin, I'll put it up on the web site - I'm sure there are other people who would appreciate it!

targon

Postby targon » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:22 pm

support wrote:If you write the plugin, I'll put it up on the web site - I'm sure there are other people who would appreciate it!

I wrote a code snippet that seems to work, but I'll test it for a couple of days, and see how easy RSS 1.0 would be to support - at the moment it only works with 0.9x/2.0.

Tero

targon

Postby targon » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:13 pm

Now available on the downloads area. Should work on 0.9x and 2.0 feeds, as well as 1.0.
Tero

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”