pete4fox

Postby pete4fox » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:25 pm

Hi,

Stop me if this already exist but I could not find it. I would like a one button or one click way to scroll the browser window down to the next Item Summary. The F8 key and Next Item Button both display the detail screen.

I want to scan the Summary, i.e. one paragraph, screens and then selectively drill down to the detail. Currently I am manually scrolling down the Summaries in the browser window. This involves a bit of clicking and a one click or one function key solution would be more convenient for me.

Thanks, Pete F. USA

ps - My Awasu, Advanced ver. 2.2.4, runs 24/7 and I really like it.javascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:31 pm

pete4fox wrote:I would like a one button or one click way to scroll the browser window down to the next Item Summary. The F8 key and Next Item Button both display the detail screen.

This is not quite what you want but if you're in the item pane, Ctrl-Enter (or Ctrl-Click) will scroll the browser window to the selected item.

There's a fundamental divide in the way feed readers are designed. Some are like Awasu where you see everything all at once while others show just one item at a time. I've often mulled over how to get Awasu to work in both ways but it's tricky (and maybe not even desirable) but what you're suggesting might be just the ticket. I'll have a ponder...

Thanks for the suggestion :-)

pete4fox

Postby pete4fox » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:19 pm

I tried Ctrl-Click and Ctrl-Enter and got no apparent response.javascript:emoticon(':?')
Confused

I can manually scroll down to the next news item summary by clicking the down arrow in the browser window( I think it's called the browser window).javascript:emoticon(':?')
Confused

While I'm asking for a NextSummaryItem icon, I'll add a request for a MarkAllAsRead icon also. Having these two tools on the tool bar would make my mouse navigation a bit easier. Not essential, just more convenient for my methods.

Keep up the good work. Awasu Advanced is super.
Thanks, Pete F. USA

pete4fox

Postby pete4fox » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:22 pm

Oops. I think I mean scrolling down in the Item Pane not the Browser Window. It has tabs at the bottom with my channel feed names.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:31 pm

pete4fox wrote:I tried Ctrl-Click and Ctrl-Enter and got no apparent response.

Works for me :-) You might need to hold the Control key down until it actually happens.

pete4fox wrote:While I'm asking for a NextSummaryItem icon, I'll add a request for a MarkAllAsRead icon also. Having these two tools on the tool bar would make my mouse navigation a bit easier.

You can customize your toolbars (although not the one embedded in the browser windows). Check out the Customize dialog, in the Tools menu. You can also drag toolbar buttons around by holding down the Alt key.

pete4fox

Postby pete4fox » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:02 pm

When I do ctrl-enter my Awasu drills down to the detail web page that's behind the summary news item. I'm looking to NextOneDown the summary items.

Funny, my MarkAllAsRead icon is grayed-out and doesn't respond.
I'll email the .jpg since I still can't get the PasteIn to work on this reply screen. PasteIn works fine to MS Wordpad, so maybe it's my Firefox browser or software firewall? javascript:emoticon(':?:')
Question

Thanks. Pete F. USA

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”