wytten

Postby wytten » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:49 am

Here's what happens every time my NT domain password changes. After I change my domain password, the firewall that Awasu must go through to get to the net knows the new password but Awasu does not. I start up Awasu, and the race begins: I have to change the password setting in Awasu before so many failed authentications happen that the firewall panics and I get locked out.

I suppose I could change my password in Awasu FIRST, but then it would still be using the wrong password for however long it takes me to change the system password.

One suggested improvement would be for Awasu to stop trying to authenticate once it gets the first HTTP 407 "Proxy authentication" status.

Or the password change feature could be done from a separate configuration utility.

Or some way to manually disable all channel updates temporarily until I have changed the password.

Finally, it would be nice to somehow verify the new password, either by having the user type it twice, or a "Test" button on the new password dialog, so that I know I didn't fat-finger it.

Thanks!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:29 am

wytten wrote:Or some way to manually disable all channel updates temporarily until I have changed the password.

One way to do it is to turn on "Auto-detect an Internet connection" (Advanced tab of the Program Options). It doesn't work properly if you connect via a LAN so if you turn this on, Awasu will think there is no connection and disable channel updates :-) You can then change your password and then turn this option off to re-enable updates. This setting is just stored in CONFIG.INI so you could write a script that turns it on and then spawns Awasu.

wytten wrote:Finally, it would be nice to somehow verify the new password, either by having the user type it twice, or a "Test" button on the new password dialog, so that I know I didn't fat-finger it.

If channel updates are disabled, you can easily test the password by doing a manual update - they will still work.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”