Booboo

Postby Booboo » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:31 am

Can someone clearly differentiate the features, functions and benefits between Channel Searches and Search Agents?

Also, in the Channel Search properties box - what's the "Filters" feature for?

Cheers
Booboo

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:29 am

Booboo wrote:Can someone clearly differentiate the features, functions and benefits between Channel Searches and Search Agents?

Not quite sure what you mean by "channel searches" but I'm guessing you're referring to what Awasu calls "feed item filters".

Awasu includes a proper search engine that does some language analysis when doing searches (e.g. matches "running" and "runs") and searches <i>all</i> of your archived content. This is what search agents use.

Feed item filters only do simple text-matching (e.g. "running" won't match "runs", although you can use wildcards aka "regular expressions") and only work on what's being shown in a channel's window when it's open.

So, search agents are good if you want to continually monitor your entire set of feeds for things of interest while filters are best for drawing your attention to things in a channel when you open it.

Booboo wrote:Also, in the Channel Search properties box - what's the "Filters" feature for?

Configuring feed item filters :-)

And in 2.3.2, a new tab was added to this to also let you tweak item content before it gets shown (primarily to remove ads).

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”