vidconf

Postby vidconf » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:24 am

Can I set a custom port number for the SMTP (mail) server setting?

My ISP does not use default port 25 :cry:

Vid

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:54 am

vidconf wrote:Can I set a custom port number for the SMTP (mail) server setting?

Open the <tt>SendEmail.hook</tt> file, find the line that starts with <tt>ExtraArgs=</tt> and change it to be <tt>ExtraArgs=-port XXX</tt>.

Note that this file is included in each Awasu release so you will need to re-apply this change each time you upgrade. Or you can create a copy of it (e.g. <tt>SendEmail2.hook</tt>) and attach this new file to your channels( this is probably the better solution since it will still point to <tt>SendEmail.dll</tt>).

vidconf

Postby vidconf » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:59 pm

support wrote:
vidconf wrote:Can I set a custom port number for the SMTP (mail) server setting?

Open the <tt>SendEmail.hook</tt> file, find the line that starts with <tt>ExtraArgs=</tt> and change it to be <tt>ExtraArgs=-port XXX</tt>.

Note that this file is included in each Awasu release so you will need to re-apply this change each time you upgrade. Or you can create a copy of it (e.g. <tt>SendEmail2.hook</tt>) and attach this new file to your channels( this is probably the better solution since it will still point to <tt>SendEmail.dll</tt>).

Thanks!

Works :lol:

Cheers

Vid

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”