JackInBpt

Postby JackInBpt » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:59 pm

New install on new HD of Personal Edition Ver 2.3 (downloaded this file some ago and saved to an archive CD). The original install and first launch was normal, but the 2nd launch hung up in the midst of opening up. Could not launch again, and so did an Add/Remove via Control Panel; 2nd reinstall attempt got the same message, and Awasu wouldn't open up a bit; Add/Remove panel again, and this time a warm reboot, and a 4th attempt, and same results; more add/remove, checked Explorer to see if the file folder was completely empty (it was), AND manually did the regedit.exe stuff and manually removed a couple of minor listings for Awasu; did another reboot, and reinstall, and more of the same. One other posting mentioned erasing config.ini; before I did the last uninstall, I looked for it, and couldn't find it. All out of ideas to try at this point
JackInCT
Jack In CT (USA)

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:13 am

It sounds like you've got some corrupted data files somewhere.

To completely remove an installation of Awasu, you need to get rid of your data files as well as the program files. Delete the local and roaming data directories, as described here.

JackInBpt

Postby JackInBpt » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:57 pm

HI,

Once again, you've hit the nail on the proverbial head. Your fix solved the problem immediately. And many thanks for the quick turn around.

The following comments are for others who will read this post: Prior to your reply, I had removed Awasu via Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs (several times). I had also checked Program Files to see if the Awasu folder was completely gone-it was. And then I opened Registry (via regedit.exe), and manually searched out each entry for "awasu" and only found a couple. I also ran a couple of 'registry cleaner' type software programs (as a home user I have no idea whatsoever how well such software works). Today I arrived at YOUR reply to my posting after a cold boot. Your reply re "documents & settings" files took me into an area of Windows XP (home edition) that I seldom get involed with, if for no other reason than I don't really understand why MS created it (and just what's in there). When I found files (in plain language) for Awasu still there, I was shocked that despite my best efforts to clean up the install all on my own, there are parts of the XP OS where files are not deleted and just why that is, I do not understand since Add-Remove files is just about all a home user can do to get rid of files that are no longer needed, not to mention are also consuming system resources such as RAM, hard drive space, etc., for no good reason.

The vagaries of the OS are not Awasu's problem, but the OS's shortcomings do create, in my opinion, unnecessary extra work for everyone.

Thanks again,
JackInCT
Jack In CT (USA)

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”