MikeW

Postby MikeW » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:02 pm

I'm using 2.1.3.
When viewing pages in awasu, to open a news story in a new tab I have to right click on a link and select 'Open in Awasu'. I'd like the ability to middle click/scroll wheel click a link and have it:
1. open the page in a new tab
2. keep focus in the current tab so I can open several links at the same time.

Browsers such as opera have this behavour for viewing webpages.

Also I'd very much like it if I could middle click on a tab and have it close.

Thanks

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:07 am

No worries. These have been added to the Ever-Burgeoning List of New Feature Requests :-) :whip:

MikeW

Postby MikeW » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:20 pm

Great, 2.1.3 largely has this behavour, thanks!

Just some notes, middle clicking a headline only works from the headline pane and not when I middle click a LINK in the webbrowser part that displays the headlines.

And middle clicking a headline brings that new tab to the foreground, and not open it in the background as I'd expect.

Cool feature, very customisable. Perhaps an 'Open link in background tab' to the dropdown box under mouse settings :)

Thanks!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:24 pm

MikeW wrote:Just some notes, middle clicking a headline only works from the headline pane and not when I middle click a LINK in the webbrowser part that displays the headlines.

That's because the click is handled by IE, not Awasu. There might be some way to intercept the click and get Awasu to handle instead but I don't know how. If someone can tell me how it could be done, I can see about implementing it.

MikeW wrote:And middle clicking a headline brings that new tab to the foreground, and not open it in the background as I'd expect.

Yes, I had a go at implementing "Open new tab in background" but there were some technical problems and I gave up in the interests of getting the release out the door. I'm going to have another crack at it before releasing 2.1.3.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”