kleinfelter

Postby kleinfelter » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:29 pm

Any plans to sync w/Bloglines similar to FeedDemon?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:54 pm

kleinfelter wrote:Any plans to sync w/Bloglines similar to FeedDemon?

I blogged about this here.

targon

Postby targon » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:51 am

I understand there are issues with synchronizing, especially if the API offered is not so good. Nevertheless, even a very rudimentary synchronization with Bloglines would be really useful, at least to me.

Here's the situation: I'm often at a location where I'm unable to use Awasu, so I've subscribed just a few feeds I want to be kept up-to-date in Bloglines and read them there. However, at the moment this means I have to basically read all the items on these channels twice, or otherwise unsubscribe them in Awasu and only use Bloglines (which I don't want to do since I'd then loose the search feature, along with the much nicer UI of Awasu).

Perfectly fine with me would be for example:
- Something (a category, for example) to mark those feeds in Awasu I'm also reading in Bloglines
- When a channel has been read (last item read), send signal to Bloglines to mark all the items in said channel read
- When opening Awasu, check Bloglines for the synced feeds (when they were last read) and mark all older items in the channels read.

Now, I haven't looked at the Bloglines API, so I don't know if even this much is possible with them, but if it is, I'd be really happy for something like this.
Tero

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:00 am

targon wrote:Perfectly fine with me would be for example:
- Something (a category, for example) to mark those feeds in Awasu I'm also reading in Bloglines
- When a channel has been read (last item read), send signal to Bloglines to mark all the items in said channel read
- When opening Awasu, check Bloglines for the synced feeds (when they were last read) and mark all older items in the channels read.

/taka mulls over this for a moment...

It might be possible to do this now (almost). You could attach a channel hook to the relevant channels that gets invoked every time an item gets marked as read. It would then call Bloglines to notify them.

Awasu used to have a feature where you could specify a bunch of URL's of items that you wanted to mark read. I took this out but it would be easy to put it back in. So, on startup, a script could be called to get a list of URL's from Bloglines that listed items you wanted marked as read and import these into Awasu.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”