Dialseven

Postby Dialseven » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:30 pm

I searched but could not find a thread on this, so forgive me if this has been answered.

I subscribe to a few podcasts and when i want to play them, they open up in the internal awasu browser using quicktime. Is there a way to open them up in winamp or another external player?

If not, might I suggest a right-click menu item for "open with" on audio or video files

Nick

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:24 am

Dialseven wrote:Is there a way to open them up in winamp or another external player?

This happens because QuickTime has registered itself as the program to use (by default) when playing audio/video files.

WinAmp should have an option somewhere that will let you register it for these types of file (I use 2.81 (!) and it's in the Preferences dialog, in the Setup/File types page) or you can do it manually by opening a Windows Explorer window, opening the Folder Options dialog and going to the File Types page.

You can also drag items off the Downloaded Files window and onto a desktop or Quick Launch icon.

Still, an "Open with" menu item is a good idea and has been added to The List :whip: :-)

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”