todd.s

Postby todd.s » Sun May 31, 2009 1:01 am

I am looking for a solution using RSS to accomplish what is typically done with ftp data feeds. I do not want to add headlines to our site with links back to other sites, I want to create and name files from the source content and then deposit them into designated directories on our server.

Will your product do this?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun May 31, 2009 1:02 am

todd.s wrote:I want to create and name files from the source content and then deposit them into designated directories on our server.

Awasu can retrieve data from <i>any</i> source, package it all up into a file (this is template-driven so you have full control over the format) then upload it via FTP somewhere. You can also email it out, or save it to a file somewhere e.g. on your intranet.

The only issue with FTP uploads is that Awasu currently only supports uploading to a single fixed location. However, you could run a script afterwards to transfer the file to the correct location. We'd also be happy to work with you to add a new feature into Awasu to control where the file gets uploaded since this is something that would definitely be useful for other people.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”