James

Postby James » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:03 pm

Minor thing... just purchased the upgrade, so could enable sidebar. Doing so wrecked my beautifully crafted :wink: desktop, moving icons all over the shop. System Restore soon fixed it, but thought I'd mention. But.... what a superb application!!! All other newsreaders I've tried are put in the shade by this, and have all been uninstalled !!! Good on'ya!!

James :-)

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:24 am

Thanks for the kind words. This is indeed how the Sidebar is supposed to work.

It was a bit frustrating for me when I was working on the feature since I have a beautifully crafted desktop as well and the Sidebar kept moving things around. I thought I put a warning in the help about it but I guess not - I'll update it now. Even now, I've arranged my icons so there is a big gap on the right-hand side of the desktop in case I need to turn the Sidebar on :-)

BTW, the Sidebar can be made to float, it doesn't have to be docked to one side of the desktop.

squeg

Postby squeg » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:17 pm

There are utilities that will keep track of your desktop icons and replace them when they get messed up. I'm using an old, old version of the overpriced "12-ghosts" software that contains a utility for doing this. It adjust icon placement whenever it detects a resolution change. As a result when the side bar is removed or floated it places all the icons that used to be on the right side of my monitor back where they belong.

You could probably find a cheaper solution that does roughly the same thing if you searched around. Windows has been messing up desktop icon placement since 95.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”