taktical100

Postby taktical100 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:23 am

I get an error message every time I start Awasu. it says that it can't syncronize the folders, and if I click on OK, it says it can't run pre load command the system cannot find the file specified.

I still am not getting far with any RSS reader, and they all seem to be anything but really simple. Awasu looks rather nice, if I spend decades with it. I have not purchased it yet, and if I don't get the basics by 28 days, I won't purchase it.

I'll try to solve the error in opening for now, but, anything other than really simple.
Thomas A Kufahl

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:41 am

taktical100 wrote:I get an error message every time I start Awasu. it says that it can't syncronize the folders, and if I click on OK, it says it can't run pre load command the system cannot find the file specified.

Awasu has a feature that lets you keep more than one machine in sync with each other e.g. at home and at work. There is an option to automatically sync Awasu when it is first started and it sounds like you've got this turned on but something is going wrong during the actual sync process.

When you start Awasu, the sync dialog will come up and there will be a 10-second countdown timer before the sync actually starts. Press ESCAPE or click on the Cancel button to stop the sync process from starting.

This auto-sync can be turned off in the Program Options (uncheck <i>Auto-load sync data at startup</i>, at the bottom of the <i>General</i> page).

The pre-load command problem is being caused by Awasu being configured to run a command before doing the sync and something's going wrong there. Open the Load Sync Data dialog (<i>File|Synchronization|Load sync data...</i>) and uncheck <i>Run command before loading sync data</i>.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”