This page contains information about the channel as provided by the publisher.
- Address: The URL of the channel feed.
- Authentication: Click this to set the channel's authentication details.
- SOAP: Click this to change the SOAP
request file that will be sent when updating the channel.
- XSLT: Click this to change the XSLT
file that will be used to transform the feed after it has been downloaded.
- Name: This is what will appear in the My Channels window and the
channel's summary page.
- Home: The channel's home page. This is where you will be taken if
you click on the channel's picture in its Properties dialog (as above) or
- Image: The picture used in the channel's Properties dialog, summary
page and system tray menu. To change it, enter the URL of another image file
or click on the browse button to find one on your computer.
- Width/Height: The width and height of the image can be changed here.
- Description: A brief description of the channel.
- Editor/Webmaster: Some channel publishers may provide email addresses
to contact the editor and/or webmaster.
- Schedule: Click this button to see the skip schedule for the channel.
This specifies certain days and/or certain hours within each day in which
the publisher requests that automated channel updates be temporarily suspended.
This is usually done to save bandwidth since the publisher is sure that there
will be no new content published at these times.
- Show feed: Click this button to see the current feed for the channel.
- Validate feed: Checks the feed for errors.