Now that you have subscribed to a few channels, the next thing you'll want
to do is read them!
- Make sure you can see your channel subscriptions in the My Channels window
of the Control Center. The default key to do this is F4 or choose Control
Center from the View menu.
- Click on a channel in My Channels to open its window (see the screenshot
- The top part of each channel's window shows the stories currently available
for that channel (the item pane) while the bottom part lets you browse
the Internet (the browser pane).
- When a channel is first opened, you will be shown a summary of that channel
and its currently available stories. A brief description of each story will
also be included if provided by the channel publisher.
- Press F8 to open the next story in the list or Shift-F8 to open the previous
- Press F7 to hide the item pane and make more space for the browser pane.
Press F7 again to bring it back.
- Press F9 to show the channel's summary page again.
- Or if you prefer using the mouse, all of these commands are available from
the menu and toolbar.
Awasu keeps track of each feed item and presents them differently to you as
||New items that have been received since you last
looked at the channel.
||Old items that you have not yet read.
||Items that you have read.
Awasu will also highlight channels in the Control Center that have received
new stories since you last looked at them or still have unread items.