This page contains options that control the general operation of Awasu:
- Run from the system tray: Runs Awasu as a system tray application.
Awasu will hide itself in the taskbar when minimized and will send itself
to the system tray instead of exiting. To really exit the program, right-click
on the system tray and choose Exit from the menu there.
- One-click operation: Allows channels, feed items, etc. to be opened
with a single click of the mouse. Turn this off to revert to the traditional
way of requiring a double-click.
- Play sound on error: Causes Awasu to play a sound if an error occurs.
Click on the browse button to change the sound that is played. Click on the
second button to reset the sound back to its default.
- Start automatically: Starts Awasu automatically when you log in to
- Start minimized: Starts Awasu minimized. If this is enabled in conjunction
with the Run from the system tray option, Awasu will start in the system
- Disable all animation: Disables all animation.
- Disable all sound: Disables all sound.
- Blackout times: Click this button to set times during which Awasu
should not automatically update any channels. You will typically do this if
you want to leave Awasu running overnight on your PC at work, for example,
but know that you won't be there (hopefully).
- Auto-load sync data at startup:
Automatically loads a sync data
file when Awasu starts.
- Auto-save sync data on exit: Automatically saves
a sync data file when Awasu exits.
- Show notification balloons: Controls whether notification balloons
should be shown when new channel content is received.
- Disable at startup: Disables the flurry of notification balloons
that usually happens when Awasu is first started and all your channels are
- Show error notification balloons: Controls whether notification balloons
should be shown if errors occur.
- Show for: Controls how long notification balloons are shown on-screen
- Position: Controls where on the screen notification balloons will
- Enable feed auto-discovery: Enables auto-discovery
which allows Awasu to automatically detect new feeds when you open web pages.
- When found: Controls how Awasu will notify you when it auto-discovers
feeds being advertised by a web page.
- Include URL's that may be feeds: Turn this on if you want Awasu to
automatically detect URL's
on web pages that may be feeds even if the web page is not specifically
- Clear excluded URL's: Clear the list of URL's that have been excluded