This page controls advanced features of Awasu.
- Auto-detect an Internet connection: If this is turned on, Awasu will
automatically suspend all channel updates if your computer is not connected
to the Internet.
- Proxy authentication: Click this button to set the authentication
details if you are using a proxy server that requires them.
- Enable feed:// protocol: Controls whether or not Awasu should install
itself as the handler for the feed:// protocol. This protocol allows web sites
to provide links that let you immediately subscribe to a channel by clicking
on it instead of having to cut and paste a URL into your RSS reader. You should
leave this enabled if you want these links to start Awasu's Channel
- Show the channel hooks page in the Channel Wizard: Enabling this
will allow you attach channels hooks to new channels before they are
- Plugin port: Awasu communicates with plugins using HTTP over this
port number. You should only change this value if it is conflicting with another
application. Awasu also uses port 2604 to accept subscription
requests embedded in web pages; this port number cannot be changed.
- Script timeout: Specifies the maximum amount of time to allow external
scripts and programs to run for.
- Automatically download files related to feed items: Master switch
that controls the automatic
downloading of files related to feed items (enclosures).
- Save in: Specifies where auto-downloaded files should be saved.
- File types: Specifies what type of files can be auto-downloaded.
You specify either file extensions or MIME types here.
- Automatically delete files after: Specifies how long to keep auto-downloaded