I've been hard at work these past few weeks getting the next release ready which will be a proper, non-expiring, non-beta release.
One of the things we've put a lot of effort into that helps make Awasu stand out from the pack is the online help and support we give, especially to non-technical users. I've put up a draft of the 1.2 help and any comments or feedback would be most welcome. The CHM version is not yet available so you'll have to browse it online.
The major new features since 1.1 are:
- Support for Unicode (i.e. for languages other than English).
- Support for XSLT and SOAP.
- The ability to search your channels.
- A much more powerful Import From OPML feature.
- The ability to keep multiple copies of Awasu running on different machines in sync.
- The ability to easily control which template is used to generate channel summary pages, which feed items to show and how they should be formatted.
- Support for secure channels using SSL i.e. https:// channels.
Awasu 1.1 was released at the start of July and while it's been a hectic six months, it's been well worth it - Awasu is a much better and more powerful reader than it ever has been 😎 and we've got so many cool features lined up for next year. Best of all, there are going to be some big changes in the way Awasu the company works next year that will allow us to do an even better job. I'll let y'all know as it happens 🙂